Senior Patent Attorney (m/w/d)
|Standort||Holzkirchen (bei München)|
|Funktionsbereich||Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance|
|Art der Stelle||Vollzeit|
8 biosimilars across immunology, oncology and endocrinology are already on the market, Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals has a leading biosimilars pipeline with more than 8 molecules in development in order to maintain its position.
Sandoz develops, manufactures and markets patent-free medicines and complex, innovative pharmaceuticals. In Germany, Sandoz is the leading provider of patent-free medicines with its product brand Hexal. Hexal products offer doctors, pharmacists and patients a broad range of treatment options. They stand for competence in research and development, for good service and economic supply. Sandoz produces Hexal drugs at several locations in Germany.
To create an IP strategy that ensures the earliest possible launch for the BU programs, taking into account the relevant development and commercial factors, and ensure alignment of such strategy with relevant stakeholders within the Novartis group.
• Determine if a development program has freedom to operate from relevant third party patent rights and continuously monitor over the course of a program
• Drafting patent strategies including the provision of invalidity and non-infringement (FTO) positions with respect to 3rd party patent rights ensuring an early launch of Gx products. Formu-late FTO opinions in a professional manner considering recent legal provisions & actual appli-cable case law
• Providing input on IP contract terms and performing IP due diligences. Includes directing, managing, and coordinating global external counsel
• Develop an effective patent strategy that takes into account development timelines, competition, originator and Sandoz LCM concerns, and other commercial considerations to ensure earliest launch by timely technical circumvention and/or nullification of third party patents in major markets
• Provide necessary and timely IP input for, and maintain full accountability to R&D/Licensing/M&A/Market activities
• Technicaldegree (B.Sc. or higher) in relevant subject (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology)
• Either Admission to practice as a National (within Europe or US) Patent Attorney and/or European Patent
• English, competency in a second language preferable
• 5-8 years practicing patent law, including at least 3 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to explain complex ideas simply
• Project management skills are a plus
• Competitive salary
• Performance based annual bonus
• Work/life integration
• Eligible to Sandoz pension plan
• 30 working days' holiday per calendar year
• Subsidised on-site cafeteria
• Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station
• Additional benefits
For more information please get in contact with Sharada Finlator Devarasetty and Hale Doganci.
In case of interest please apply online via our intranet. 10. Oktober 2019.
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Sandoz stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Auf diese Stelle bewerben Stelle empfehlen Zurück zur Übersicht