Lead IP Litigation Counsel (m/w/d)
|Geschäftseinheit||Global Legal SZ|
|Standort||Holzkirchen (near Munich)|
|Funktionsbereich||Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance|
|Art der Stelle||Vollzeit|
800. Is the number of projects Sandoz currently has in development. The purpose of Lead IP Litigation Counsel role is to be a business partner that delivers practical and valuable commercial opportunities and results and to support development, planning and execution of complex multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and launch strategies for generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars.
Would you like to work for a Global Generics and Biosimilars company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives? Join Sandoz!
A division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in Generic and Biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
• Develop and implement multi-jurisdictional IP litigation strategies;
• Advice and partner with commercial stakeholders regarding all planned and pending IP litigations and projects;
• Increase the professional expertise of the IP department and assist training members of the IP litigation team;
• Liaise with Commercial Operations, Regions, Launch Management and BD&L Functions;
• Manage external counsel, both in terms of instructions and budget;
• Manage complex, multi-jurisdictional patent litigation activities (incl. related IP aspects);
• Support and assist securing freedom from valid blocking 3rd party patent rights;
• Collaborate with the Product Strategy and Product Attorneys to ensure seamless and excellent service delivery;
• Continuously inform supervisor about activities and seek support and approval from supervisor.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Deliver and executing the right launch and litigation strategy
• Timely and professional IP input for R&D/Licensing/M&A/Markets/Litigation activities
• Collaborative approach to managing litigation cases and interacting with clients
• Timely and accurate updating of systems and maintenance of records to reflect developments and issues for IP litigations and projects
• Admission to practice as a lawyer in at least one European jurisdiction
• Technical degree (B.Sc. or higher)
• Fluent in English on business level with excellent communication skills in spoken/written word is essential
• Fluency in additional language is a plus
• 8 +years relevant litigation experience in a law firm or corporation;
• Preferably experience handling Pharmaceutical and/or Life Science litigations as both an external and in-house advisor;
• Demonstrated ability to consistently perform complex litigation activities independently and efficiently;
• Recognized as a strategic partner by the relevant clients with respect to litigation activities;
• Ability to effectively communicate complex IP litigation information to a broad range of business stakeholders;
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to provide substantive guidance and other assistance to colleagues.
You’ll receive: (optional)
• Competitive salary
• Performance based annual bonus
• Work/life integration
• Eligible to Sandoz pension plan
• 30 working days' holiday per calendar year
• Subsidized on-site cafeteria
• Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station
• Additional benefits
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Sandoz stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Auf diese Stelle bewerben Stelle empfehlen Zurück zur Übersicht