Director BD Global (m/w/d)
|Geschäftseinheit||GLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SZ|
|Standort||Holzkirchen (near Munich)|
|Funktionsbereich||BD&L & Strategic Planning|
|Art der Stelle||Vollzeit|
In the first three quarters of 2019, Sandoz achieved USD 7.2 bn in net sales globally.
The Sandoz Global Business Development team contributes to the business’ growth strategy and portfolio expansion through the conclusion of high-value license and co-operation deals with global partners of choice. Every day, we are committed to securing access to high-quality, affordable medicines for our patients across the world.
Identify and execute high value and complex BD opportunities for Sandoz in a timely manner in line with global and regional BD strategy. Strategic commercial gap analysis, development of the Portfolio as well as preparation of commercial integration of new external product opportunities to strengthen the business platforms. Objectives: a) realization of short term business opportunities (approved products), b) identification of valuable midterm BD projects, c) implementation of robust contingency plans around our running development projects d) support of M&A projects
Would you like to work for a Global Generics and Biosimilars company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives? Join Sandoz!
A division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in Generic and Biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
• Scout, evaluate and identify potential partners for global business development and portfolio expansion opportunities to cover major strategic areas of growth for Sandoz, with a special focus on high value, complex and promotable products, incl. products in- and out-licensing, brand acquisitions.
• Initiate and manage negotiations with potential 3rd party development and supply partners to execute on opportunities identified, optimizing deal type, timelines and other agreement conditions, to maximize deal.
• Ensure internal cross-functional deal alignment and due diligence in line with applicable internal policies and guidelines, involving all relevant stakeholders (e.g. ComOps, Regulatory, Quality, Legal, Intellectual Property, TechOps, Medical, Finance).
• Strategic commercial analysis and deep-dive BD scans of key markets and companies to identify and in license short as well as long term new product opportunities.
• Establish/reinforce contacts and position Sandoz as first contact and ‘Global Partner of Choice’ across all products in our key growth areas.
• Develop business cases with potential partners and the commercial model in close collaboration with Sandoz stakeholders and local management.
• Manage process and systems with Portfolio and Franchise with regards to commercial analysis of key opportunities for key markets and companies
• Establish robust long term relationships with potential BD partners.
• Lower the risk of internal development pipeline by implementing proper contingency systems around key assets via external backup options.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Degree in Science or Economy
• English fluent in spoken and written form
• Other EU languages, especially German, helpful
• Min. 8 years business experience and at least 3 years BD&L expertise with track record in VAMs and complex products
• Profound knowledge of pharmaceutical market and market models
• Candidates need to have strong hands-on approach combined with business acumen and strategic thinking
• Ideally international commercial background and/or working experience on global or above country level
• Sufficient seniority level to guide and indirectly lead local commercial organizations and local senior management from Global HQ
• Competitive salary
• Performance based annual bonus
• Work/life integration
• Eligible to Sandoz pension plan
• 30 working days' holiday per calendar year
• Subsidised on-site cafeteria
• Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station
• Additional benefits
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Sandoz stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Auf diese Stelle bewerben Stelle empfehlen Zurück zur Übersicht