Director BD Europe (m/f/d)
|Geschäftseinheit||GLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SZ|
|Standort||Holzkirchen (near Munich)|
|Funktionsbereich||BD&L & Strategic Planning|
|Art der Stelle||Vollzeit|
1 billion. That’s how many lives we want to touch by providing access to high-quality medicines, medical information and healthcare. As Director BD Europe you will help us get there by executing high-value, small molecule in-licensing deals to augment and grow our product and service offering.
Would you like to work for a Global Generics and Biosimilars company and contribute to our mission to extend and improve people’s lives? Join Sandoz!
A division of Novartis, Sandoz is a global leader in Generic and Biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
• Identify and evaluate potential partners for small molecule products as per region Europe portfolio targets and pro-actively scout for new product opportunities in line with region Europe focus areas and strategy.
• Negotiate with potential 3rd party development, license and supply partners to execute on opportunities identified, optimizing deal type, timelines and other agreement conditions, to maximize deal value for region Europe and Sandoz globally.
• Ensure internal cross-functional deal alignment and due diligence in line with applicable internal policies and guidelines, involving all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Commercial Operations, Regulatory, Quality, Legal, Intellectual Property, Novartis TechOps, Finance, etc.)
• Develop business cases and communication for management approval of deals.
• Track and provide regular reporting on activities under responsibility in line with established reporting policies and manager’s requests.
• If assigned responsibility for a therapeutic area, collaborate closely with the relevant regional portfolio and franchise counterparts to ensure business development activities are aligned and executed according to the therapeutic area strategy.
• If assigned and applicable, provide comprehensive status overview of country-relevant Business Development activities to the country management team and Head BD Europe.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in business development and licensing
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry (ideally internationally)
• Strong financial modelling and valuations skills and in-depth understanding of main financial valuation methods
• Strong hands-on approach combined with business acumen and strategic thinking
• Strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills
• Proven people management and cross-functional project leadership skills
• Fluent English written and spoken
• Region Europe’s key country languages (German, French, Italian, Polish, Russian) – advantageous
You’ll receive: (optional)
• Competitive salary
• Performance based annual bonus
• Work/life integration
• Eligible to Sandoz pension plan
• 30 working days' holiday per calendar year
• Subsidised on-site cafeteria
• Free shuttle bus between Sandoz and Holzkirchen train station
• Additional benefits
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Sandoz stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Auf diese Stelle bewerben Stelle empfehlen Zurück zur Übersicht